View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #2698 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
My guesses are proposed legislation will attempt to:
  • Require background checks on ALL purchases (i.e. ban private party sales)
  • Ban "Assault Rifles," potentially with no grandfathering.
  • Limit magazine capacity for all semi-auto firearms to 10 rounds with no grandfathering of existing "hi cap" mags
  • Heavily restrict transport outside the home... no concealed carry?

The last one... maybe not. But I think the AR ban, closing the "gun show loophole," and limiting magazine capacity.

Of course they'll completely overlook the real problem, which is mental health.

I don't necessarily have a problem with requiring an FFL to broker private party sales as long as there is a reasonable maximum brokerage fee that they can charge. This would prevent law abiding gun owners from unknowingly selling to criminals.

I think mental health records should be better integrated in the background check process. It could help prevent future VT and Aurora type events where the shooter had a clear mental health issue that should have made them ineligible for firearm ownership.
I think they will make every sale required to go through an FFL and maybe ban hi cap mags.
It's not a solution... Whatever...

I'd be ok with a few things happening...
I get my gun license from a phychologist, has to be renewed every year, costs $200... (I will get flamed for that, but lets be real, if you like guns, it ain't gonna stop you, and MAYBE, just MAYBE it will prevent an innocent life from getting lost)
Then if your weapon is used by another in your family, which you should have known has mental issues but you didn't take the proper precautions to hide or disable use of them from that person, you get charged with every crime they committed... That will hopefully scare people who are lazy straight as to how to keep guns in the home?

Quote:
We might get some really wacky ideas too... like banning the .223/5.56 round. Apparently this idea has been thrown around by the Violence Policy Center. Show's how much they know about firearms. I'm quite sure my 7mm Mauser is more powerful. :|
So is my 7mm mag... And my other 7mm mag... And my other 7mm mag... And my .30-06, and my other .30-06, and my other .30-06, and my shotgun, and my other shotgun... And the other one, and the other one, and actually the other one, LOL!!!
The problem is that people see ONE issue

Quote:
Also, we'll most certainly get some sort of ammo restrictions...

Online sales ban?

Sales only through FFL with background check?

Purchases over a certain number of rounds reported to government?
I could see online sales ban, maybe over a certain number reported... All I know is that I used to go to Walmart at 2AM and buy... $500 of ammo, sometimes more (insomnia) and now they stop me at 10PM, and they tried implementing the keeping track of bullets sold thing here in CA and it lasted... A day, 10 minutes?

This is a gun toting country, we love our guns, and you need bullets to use them. I am very fortunate to have a reloader just in case the ish hits the fan, but I can't see them really keeping track or caring after a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_K View Post
They'll never be able to get ALL of America to turn in the weapons. Won't happen.
The South will secede first, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
My FFL charges $10 per transfer. I'm down with that. The problem is that this is the government trying to regulate non-livelihood private commerce, and that is unacceptable to me.
$10 is A-OK by me, $25 is ok, $50, almost...
The issue is for some of us in other states like CA that get SHAFTED... Private party, $50, buy a gun from out of state... $150+

Dear AK, I hope this wasn't political... I didn't intend it to be...
If it was, please PM me on how to edit it, or please edit it and PM me as to how I can avoid being political

As gun people we are all being handed the crappy end of the stick soon, and we all like to speculate, lol
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote