Thread: 2012 to a Close
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
TheGreatOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: E60 BMW M5
TheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond reputeTheGreatOne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
Five months paid parental LOA? Is that Canadian law? Who pays? These types of things intrigue me.
Yup

So basically:

-There is 18 weeks of Maternal leave that only the mother can take
-There are 5 weeks of Paternal leave that only the father can take
-The remaining 32 weeks can be taken by either parent

Usually the mother takes the whole year but in our case my wife got a crazy promotion to run the company so she went back after only 5 months and I took 5 months...could have taken more but went back to work early once we got him in daycare.

The first 18 weeks for the woman is at 75% of your salary, same for the man, then it goes down to 55% for the remaining 24 weeks or something like that...there is a cap of 65K, so if you made like 250K a year...you max out at 65K (not 130)

Its also more specific to Quebec, the rest of Canada doesn't work exactly the same...I think they might get 9 months officially...
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote