Thread: 2012 NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #2138 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster89 View Post
Honestly, I think fantasy made me a better football fan because it forced me to follow almost every single team. Granted, I'm still a die hard cowboys fan and I've managed to never allow me to become so concerned with my fantasy team that I would root against my cowboys. On the other hand, I did root against my cowboys so that certain coaches would get fired. and our general manger
I was already a good football fan before I started fantasy. It took too much of my time and attention. "Oh, Detroit is playing Tampa with no playoff implications?! I still should watch because I need X player to get 100 yds." Screw that. I can watch ESPN if I care about the result of that game.

I root for my Ravens, and the rest can go hang. If AD breaks the rushing record, I'll be impressed. I'm already impressed with Calvin Johnson's accomplishments, as well as Peyton Manning's season.

But the Lombardi is all that really matters, and I've got a dog in that race. If the Ravens were eliminated already, I'd stop caring and ignore it until the Super Bowl.

The NFL doesn't need me for more than that.