View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
370ZNISMO#704
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nismo10,EgH22,TSX04
370ZNISMO#704 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
This is actually more work/effort than simply wrapping plastic pieces with carbon fibre, and those pieces are fairly expensive, and no, it's not totally justified because of the material (carbon fibre).

It would be tough to make a one size fits all gauge pod with this exact fit and finish because gauges in general are not all built to the same specifications. In comparison this gauge pod is similar to getting a high end suit custom tailored to fit you perfectly.

Money can be saved by repurposing the cars existing A-Pillar, that alone is a $70 savings.

I didn't think there would be any interest in this when I was making mine. People tend to look down upon A-Pillar gauge set-ups and it doesn't make sense for me to build a mould unless I know I'm making more than three or four pieces.

I forgot to mention I also dyed the gauge bezel satin black to match the other gauges (it was gloss black). Attention to detail

IMG_7729 by J M Gale, on Flickr

Well I love the placement of the gauge being lower and the color and the gauge. I really wish you could pm me a price for yours with gauge or a exact copy. But I know there are hoops to jump through first.
2010NISMO•305.9whp 250tq Osirus•STANCE GR+•and Camber & Toe bars•KICS R 20mm•VOSSEN CV3 20"-10.5x4•Stillen GENIII•AAM S-Line Nimso mid-pipe•CarbonSignal Sponsored car•EVOR F1mirrors•NST short shifter•Zspeed Nismo under tray.
370ZNISMO#704 is offline   Reply With Quote