View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #418 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huan'z View Post
Yeah u was right. I'm planning to test it on plastic and wait if have the white stuffs. I don't want to repaint my spoiler or bumper. And I also plan to spray on sponge or rug then apply to the area I needed after the test fit and the test of the can. Thanks for the advice buddy. Truly appriciated.
I can only comment on the rear spoiler, but hope this helps.

First off buy the 3M VHB (very heavy bond) double sided tape. Also get a tube (for a caulk gun) of builder's adhesive caulk.

Now begin at the end of one side ON THE TOP SIDE of the spoiler and place the tape on the leading edge of the spoiler and work your way to the other side. You will have to rip (cut down the middle to make it narrower) the tape around the curves of the spoiler. It is very important to get a contiguous line of tape along the leading edge. Lay down a second row of tape directly behind the first.

Next, lay down a heavy bead of caulk into the inside crease (the back edge inside the spoiler). Don't be shy.

Now, just peel off the tape backing, and carefully slide the ducktail onto the factory spoiler, all the while trying to keep the tape from making contact until the last second.

There is no need to apply tape to the underside, bottom part of the spoiler as it will simply pull away the top as the piece heats and cools.

I learned all this the SECOND time I attached my spoiler. Ater six months, it is still not going anywhere.

Good luck!
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote