View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
"The current 3.5-liter V6 features 302 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque".

If this is true???? That means there's up to 250 Cheaply priced untapped hp just sitting there in the engine-bay. I hope Nissan mates proper manual and auto transmissions to something like this. If this engine is going in the Z? I believe this will be one of two engines for the Z? And I'm expecting an altima coupe(silvia substitute)variant. The Z is going to go upmarket by a large margin with the Turbo engine.

Expect some type of 4 banger turbo or NAv6 Z in the low 30k range and a turbo Z in the low to mid 40's range.

Actually you are correct, I now remember that post where they mentioned the Z will be downsizing in price/size/luxury.

I mean if they go back to the Z33 interior they could afford the benz power train, in a new chassis with ~3000lbs and 350hp I think would be a lot of fun.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote