View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Waiz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z33 & GE8
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The question is... Will infiniti keep building drivers cars or will they stagnate, like Mercedes did through the late 90's early 2000's. This new Altima and Sentra weren't very promising as FWD entries. Especially after Nissan being exposed to the New Sonata/optima, the new malibu, etc. The upcoming Versa hatch doesn't look like it will get any closer to competing against the Ford fiesta/Mazda2/chevy sonic (which should be its goal). Will we see a Sentra SE-R SpecV???
The body lines of the Camo G(Qsedan) look pretty much like an upscale version of the 13 Altima.
While I can tell the american market is going to improve on current patforms. It's questionable if the asian market will keep striving. At least hyundai at minimum has claimed a competitor. We in the z forum don't know if our next Z will be a Porsche Fighter or an upscale BRZ(disappointment if so?)

With Nissan being overly quiet in the most competitive time of the season... (the 2015 automobile marketing pre-emptive strike season) And Nissan 2013's being kinda lame (Z included) It's one of those things that make me look at car companies that are aggressive in making improvements.

Hyundai went from 306hp to 348 on the V6 and 220hp to 274 on the i4 turbo in 3 years. We got softer suspension and brake ducts on the nismo. Ok the Z is still the better car, but it shows a lack of wanting to strive for better. It's like japan is losing the competitive edge to lead in the sports car arena????? Is this true? I don't know. But there's not a small inkling of something impressive coming from Nissan thus far.
One of the biggest hurdles for Nissan/Infiniti is going to be able to meet the CAFE standards for the future.

Given the lackluster sales of the 370z I don't see them giving much of a focus on the next model. It will undoubtedly be an evolution of the 370z if they even decide to bring another model at all.

Everything that we're hearing from Infiniti is that they are looking to take the brand global so I don't see them slowing down at all but performance models is probably not their focus going forward
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote