View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #410 (permalink)
Wiggins3377
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370
Wiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond reputeWiggins3377 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huan'z View Post
So I need to go Home Depot to get 3d sided tape and the 3m adhesive promoter. Clean the surface with promoter then apply the double sided tape? Let me know buddy. Thanks a lot!! kinda worries about the front and the rear lip. The rear need to be partial paint before the install. How much does it cost to paint 2 sides of the rear lip? Any idea? Thanks a lot guys!!
Yeah, make sure you clean any area that will touch the double sided tape well before applying the promotor, then apply the promotor to that same area. You'll need a few packets of it for everything you’ll be installing. Id grab 10 or so just to be safe. You'll also want to test fit the pieces well before applying anything, cause once you use the promotor its near impossible to remove the pieces. I had alot of trouble installing my rear spats simply because of the flex in the bumper. Id suggest taking the whole rear bumper off to install the diffuser. It makes the whole process a lot easier. I’ll post a pic of what I did. As far as paint, id suggest painting the whole thing first, that’s what I did and it turned out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Hopefully your front lip fits better than mine. I had a 2" gap on the drivers side. There was no way double sided tape would hold that.
I have the same carbon signal lip and had heard about gap issues as well, however I had mine professional molded to the front bumper. That said I wasn’t made aware of any fitment issues.