View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #459 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by owi1kenobi View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!! MY car will not start now ! If i cut the brown wire will it start? I have the flashing key, pressing the ignition switch doesn't move from acc to on . The steering is not lock though as i can turn it. Please help im stuck right now! ...
You have to get the SLU into the the unlocked position before disabling it. Try rapping on the SLU with fist, shoe, hammer, whatever it takes and then see if ignition will go to ACC or ON. Repeat as necessary. Once SLU unlocks, do NOT turn the ignition off until you disable it. DIYs are posted for cutting the wire, installing a harness, and removing the fuse. I've collected a lot links to SLU info at Links to posts about Steering Wheel Lock.