View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Dustin@Z1
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Your RC is far different than the other examples of 'Nismo RC' 370's I've seen around the interwebs.

Even the WC cars are vastly different than the Doran GrandAm car...

The Doran car is a lot more 'serious' with a lot more custom-looking carbon work and more exotic hardware, haha.

Pretty confusing on what constitutes an 'RC' now..
Correct, that is due to the fact that the RC shown in the press photos and on NISMO's website were designed for the European/Japanese sports car series. The Doran car had to be completely stripped apart and redesigned to make it legal for for the Grand-AM: Conti Tire Series.

From talking to "others" at Nissan. The RC that Doran has will be the last RC ordered for the North American market due to the fact that A) they are so expensive, B) they did not meet the rules of US sanctioning bodies and C) there are slight differences between racing series.

The designation of "RC" is only given to Nissan vehicles prepped, designed, built and delievered by NISMO Japan. The new style race car I mentioned above will not wear the RC badge as far as I know.

From what I have been told, Nissan will basically be ordering bare, "rolling" chassis with powerplant and drivetrain. Undercoatings, interior, wiring will all be bare bones and ready for a build. I am not sure if fuel cells will be included or it will be up to the end builder. Other things like Glass, Cooling systems and so forth are also unknown.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote