View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
My lexus hybrid gets 28mpg city, and it is a 5000lbs beast. My Prius can do 45 to 55 mpg, no Altima isn't touching that. The highway mileage difference is smaller, but the hybrids help so much in the city that you aren't making up for it. Hyundai has to pay up for lying about the numbers, Toyota doesn't.

I believe they own over 30%, but big enough to be controlling interesting. In the US, Mazda basically gets left over ford parts. (Cx9 and 3). The newer stuff are mainly in house that Mazda developed and what they use exclusively. Matter of fact, Mazda signed an agreement to source toyotas HSD rather than fords Eco drive
The 30% ownership was in the 90s, they sold about 22% in the early 2000s because Ford CEO saw the crash coming and wanted debt off the books and then went down to 3% in 2008. Maintaining a strategic partnership and helping with R&D costs. Mazda is estimated to save on average 9 million a year with the tech they borrow from Ford so while they do use license other tech Ford is their go to still.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote