View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #27 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

My lexus hybrid gets 28mpg city, and it is a 5000lbs beast. My Prius can do 45 to 55 mpg, no Altima isn't touching that. The highway mileage difference is smaller, but the hybrids help so much in the city that you aren't making up for it. Hyundai has to pay up for lying about the numbers, Toyota doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
i dont know about you, but my 3.5 altima 5AT averages 25mpg mostly city, and my friend with the 2.5 altima averages 38mpg, i stopped paper comparing mpg cause most of those tests are rigged to get the best scores(just look at the hyundai mess), like i can go almost 400 miles to a tank on my Z(depends on how hard i step on it but i usually get anywhere between 20-22 mpg)
heck even on my old gst eclipse i could get 27mpg if i stayed out of boost and that was rated for 15/18 iirc

sure, it looks nice buying a car that has a piece of paper that says 50mpg, but in all reality it comes down to real world data
its kind of like paper racing, you can buy a hyundai genesis 3.8 r-spec and have a car with 348hp 290tq and have one of the worst performing cars out there, or you can buy a Z, G, E46M3, ect. and get a better performing car with less HP on paper
I believe they own over 30%, but big enough to be controlling interesting. In the US, Mazda basically gets left over ford parts. (Cx9 and 3). The newer stuff are mainly in house that Mazda developed and what they use exclusively. Matter of fact, Mazda signed an agreement to source toyotas HSD rather than fords Eco drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
True, but a 3% stake in a company is still huge, not quite the almost 20% in the 90s but the last CEO was big on removing debt. They still share tech & development across the board which gives Mazda a nice advantage over other Japanese companies trying to pursue new tech that others have already developed and R&D costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compdoc777 View Post
Mitsubishi has deep pockets. They are talking about the North American brand, but Mitsubishi makes everything from TVs, electronics to fighter jets, ships, building equipment. The motor division is just one of the smaller things they do. I am sure they will shake it up here in the future they tend to go in cycles.

Honda will be around forever and may win the auto war. Honda is a racing company that happens to build cars they have there hands in just about everything like Mitsubishi. Acura is also Honda, out side the US there is no such thing as Acura.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote