View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
FairladyZ
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z TRNG SPRT
FairladyZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
i dont know about you, but my 3.5 altima 5AT averages 25mpg mostly city, and my friend with the 2.5 altima averages 38mpg, i stopped paper comparing mpg cause most of those tests are rigged to get the best scores(just look at the hyundai mess), like i can go almost 400 miles to a tank on my Z(depends on how hard i step on it but i usually get anywhere between 20-22 mpg)
heck even on my old gst eclipse i could get 27mpg if i stayed out of boost and that was rated for 15/18 iirc

sure, it looks nice buying a car that has a piece of paper that says 50mpg, but in all reality it comes down to real world data
its kind of like paper racing, you can buy a hyundai genesis 3.8 r-spec and have a car with 348hp 290tq and have one of the worst performing cars out there, or you can buy a Z, G, E46M3, ect. and get a better performing car with less HP on paper

The thing is with Toyota you don't have to try to achieve those mpg.

You don't gotta drive like a bitch to save gas. You just drive normal and the Prius will yield good numbers.

How do I know? My two friends has a 2010 and 2012, there is no paper dreaming mpg, these cars actually achieve those ratings.

Ask yourself why you can't drive down the streets without seeing 10'of them? It's because toyota really do have the mpg tech on lock. Don't tell me people buy them for looks, cause that **** is ugly.
FairladyZ is offline   Reply With Quote