View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
CDepp
Track Member

Drives: sideways
CDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to beholdCDepp is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by topics ii View Post
hello everyone,

these fenders were made not to be a "widebody" application. They are to be a lightweight/replaceable option on racing applications. As you can see below we remove all the crushable metal and replace it with the composite fender. You can remove more material but we are limited by the "rear most suspension point" (rear subframe mount) and no higher than our front side window trim in the formula drift rules.

We felt that the rear track width was already very wide vs the front track width and the wheelbase. Which is why they are not 20, 30, 50mm fenders. They are available in fiberglass and wet or dry carbon fiber. Thanks for the interest!
This was exactly where I thought the application was meant. Quick swap of fenders for race. I love the fact that in the last pic, 2 Z's are sitting there. Not just 2 Z's, but 2 monster Z's.

Thank you for the information and response to my message. Your team does magical stuff on the track. Keep it up!