View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #510 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
The Nissan consumer affairs is going to cover $600 of the $1220 bill. Something of note is that I get my car serviced regularly and have a good history with Nissan and did my financing through them. The amount they are going to reimburse is not enough to cover the known defective parts ($780!).

All in all, I have mixed feelings on the matter. Nissan is doing something and my car isn't under warranty, but I don't feel it's enough. I feel like although the people at Sterling McCall were nice, the quote for three hours of shop time is ludicrous and will definitely not be doing business with them again. I get all my regular service done at Baker, but they don't do body work, so my original repair was done by Sterling and I was at one of their locations when my car wouldn't start.
That sucks, man. After the new mechanism is installed, I would instruct the dealer to remove the fuse immediately... Or else make them sign something that says if it fails again, they will cover every imaginable cost related to the failure.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote