View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
But were the failures due to holding the switch? If your tech friend can say that any of the motor failures were definitely because the user kept the switch on, that would blow my theory out of the water.

Which is why more research/experimentation is required.

You may be right, but it wouldn't make much sense considering the encoder, auto-open/close feature, and fly-by-wire nature of the system. I'd be willing to bet 1 USD that the up/down switches are just a request signal (a la door locks, start, &c) and the BCM and window modules handle motor control. But it wouldn't be the first time Nissan (or any other car maker) did something that didn't make sense to me.
Some were not all,some were b/c of tech's trying to reset windows themselves.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq
Baer383 is offline   Reply With Quote