View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

My dealership said my car was a liability because of the mods. They didn't want to sell a car to their customers that was mods to the "electrical" system. If they did take in my car, then my trade-in would be far low than expected. With the 370Z, I definitely plan to exceed 6 years of ownership... I love this car so much more than my 350Z.

The most recent mod is the 3mm round amber LED courtesy light. It is an easy mod. Look at the MAP LIGHT mod thread as I've appended the instructions for the courtesy light.

I've not been able to pull apart the HVAC. It appears you will need to pop off the knobs to remove the PCB. IIRC, that's what I did with the 350Z. This mod will make a dramatic difference as the color will match my head unit and switches.

The START switch should be an easy mod, but I nearly broke it trying to loosen and disassemble it. I'll get around to it someday since I don't want to end up with a broken switch and no spare vehicle.

The key fob slot and VDC switch might be easy to access if I remove the lower section under the steering column, so I may try to mod this one next.