View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Boosted Performance
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z's
Boosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Performance has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post
omg. I just spent 2 hours reading this entire 89 page thread. I'm even more <3 for this kit now. An amazing product, and a strong dedication to precision and meticulous craftsmanship and customer service. You're giving Tony from F.I. a run for his money on best customer service seen here

After looking through it I only had 1 real question/observation:

The 2 cars that had posted pics of installs both had the Stock sway bars. Has there been anyone with aftermarket sway bars looking to install this kit (preferably Whiteline since that's what I have)? Only reason I ask is for clearance between the sways/oil fittings/lines/etc.?

And lastly, can someone go kick down the door of that guy who said he'd drop off his 7AT with you and steal borrow his keys/car so you can get under it and see if it is impossible to rig up a kit for the 7AT...

Perhaps your next batch of 6 should be for 7AT drivers...

The aftermarket sway bars have the same shape as OEM, and are only a bit larger diameter. This should not be a problem at all. The oil fittings are also way up there with the OEM oil pressure sensor, so there is no chance of contact.

Now that you now know that this kit does not work with the 7AT. I will try to do something about this in the spring/summer next year. If I can find the donor car, by all means I would do my best to make this happen. The manifold will have to be different for sure, and I am not sure if I can keep the twin scroll for it. The OEM 7AT oil pan is so large, and takes up a lot of valuable space under the car. I have been known to perform miracles though....so you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
Not only that. Your kit comes with down pipes with Wastegates.. While GTM doesn't even comes with normal test pipes .. this alone is $1200 value

Its funny how GTM advertise their stage 2 kit for "600" WHP when their kit runs out of fuel at 500 WHP

The 3rd reason why this kit is better because this is a true full kit and true full bolts on! and here is why
This kit comes with Oil pan spacer for turbo lines, while gtm you either have to drill your stock pan or purchase a spacer.

This kit comes with Oil cooler, GTM kit doesn't come with that so you cant go to track with GTM kit otherwise say hello to overheat and goodbye to the engine.

This kit comes with large injectors and fuel pump to be able to make "600" hp without running out of fuel. While GTM comes with 600 injectors and 255 that are known to max out at 500 WHP.

And there are many other reasons but last and not least, when Boost performance gives you a lead time for kit. it will come in time or even before that! but with GTM? I don't even wanna talk about it

Don't get me wrong, I have GTM TT kit for my self but im just saying the true facts

Way to go Boosted Performance!
You are right, these are the things that a lot of people miss when looking at/purchasing these kits.

IMO, if it is needed, why not make it a part of the kit. It saves the customer the run around and frustration. When I say this kit will support 650whp in the Stage I form (that is over 700hp as advetised by others, since they advetise flywheel) out of the box, I mean that because I have customers that have done it. No further upgrades to the kit are needed, of course other than the turbine to support the flow. That however is only about $250, and takes 30 minutes to swap (5min if the turbo is out).

I think it is also important to mention service if something does go wrong. I have a local friend who blew one of his turbos on the APS TT kit on his G35. The bill on that: $4,500. The shop pulled the engine out to remove the turbo, so that set him back $3,000 alone. He ened up getting both turbos rebuilt...and the kit only had 11K miles on it. The turbo that comes with the BP kit cost about $450 to rebuild (by the manufacturer, Precision turbo), and I can't see a shop charging more than 2.5 hours labor for removal install.
IG @boostedperformanceyeg
Boosted Performance is offline   Reply With Quote