View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #117 (permalink)
enkei2k
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 G41 B/S M6
enkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond reputeenkei2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Did you get this done? I used two adjustable wrenches when I couldn't loosen it by hand. If you have a bench vise, that might be a simple solution. Not sure what spacers you are referring to - mine had a bolt head, washer, and nut, just like shown in your picture.
Yep, Spencer @ Z1 emailed me regarding this and handled the situation. I got my hood struts installed the other day. I was referring to the nut. I couldn't get it off the ball stud for the life of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
I apologize for not seeing this posting. I don't know how I missed it. Did you get this resolved? If not, please let me know.

For some reason the girls back in assembly when they packaged the kits made a mistake and put LocTite on the threads of those studs and installed the nuts on them. . Simple mistake.
Dustin, yes, this was resolved by Spencer, thank you. That's what he told me as well. No worries, I got it installed and I just need to do some minor work to get it to sit flush now. Currently has a small gap after install, I was advised by a board member to try and cut off some of the foam seal and see if that works.