Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #150 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

So to get back into the drifting topic, I have many plans for next year. Going to fix the things I learned need fixing like suspension. I feel my car is heavy and the 9k springs with stock shocks aren't cutting it. Pictures show a lot of sagging which some drifters say is good, but I want to try something better. I have some Top Secret Arogosta 14k, 10k coilovers I'm about to buy in feb. Also I need my rear camber arms to get 0 degrees to have more contact in the rear and get one for the front because I need -5 degrees of camber there to create a good contact at full steering lock. Which brings me to my biggest problem. Steering angle!

My steering locks pretty early not giving me enough room to save my drift if I enter at too much of an angle. I max out and end up in a spin which is no fun. Plus if I want to get better I need to get more sideways. So since there are not many of you into drifting, looks like I have to figure this out myself. Looking at my steering I see one obvious thing in the way. The bump stop.

These seems easy enough to cut off so here we go. Removed that little plate and began cutting.

Was gonna paint it black but what the hell.

Problem is I'm still not seeing much of an improvement. It's still stopping for some reason. Have to do more research.
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote