View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
irondoc
Base Member

Drives: 13 370 6MT sport tou
irondoc is on a distinguished road
Default UpRev tune hold up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdberan View Post
Irondoc,

So you are the proud owner of that grey beauty I just saw over at IPS!?! The car looks great, I can't believe how clean and snug everything looks and fits under the hood. I was really happy to see that you have your snow tires on, looks like we are going to be getting some nasty weather tonight and tomorrow (but really just glad to see you plan on driving that beast in the winter).

I was just stopped by over lunch to take a look at your car, which Jeff had told me about. IPS installed my exhaust and HFC's, I called yesterday to have them order my uprev and told me they were putting a stillen SC on a Z and so I definitely wanted to see it in person. I'm eager to hear how reliable the SC kit is as well, as this is most likely the route I will be going when finally pulling the trigger on going FI.

They did mention however that they saw stock pulls of around 271 rwhp on their dyno and are expecting a little over 400 with the SC now installed. I would love to hear the actual results and your impressions after you get the keys back!
Unfortunately we have an indefinite delay as mine is the first 2013 that Stillen and UpRev have done. IPS has done their part but the initial UpRev tune was apparently not useable. UpRev got my ROM dump over a month ago. before I bought the SC kit. According to Stillen UpRev then "cracked" my ROM and developed an initial tune that should have been driveable for fine tuning. That initial tune did not work according to IPS. So UpRev has been working on it since 9am WST 12/20.
I am hoping it will be ready today but somehow I have an irrational fear they simply won't be able to make it work. I will post when the car is back in my garage.
irondoc is offline   Reply With Quote