View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #452 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

actually i'd use a small metal hammer so the impact is hard and sharp to loosen the binded gears inside. just go easy on the taps so you dont deform the housing.

if you have a battery charger, i'd put that on the battery too at 2A or lower while you tap at it and press the start button. max power to steering lock. if u have a battery manager/tender, put it on the car now so you have a good charge.

i'd do the tapping as many times needed until it unlocks. nothing to loose really if it's already broken. you'll have to replace it with a working steering lock anyway to disable the system...unless you want to take it apart.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote