View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #145 (permalink)
SharpByCoop
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 G37S - Graphite
SharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of lightSharpByCoop is a glorious beacon of light

I was asked about the brake light switch thing I point out in the captions on my vid.

I learned that the ECU will shut down the throttle if you try to apply throttle and brake at the same time. And it does.

The workaround is simple:
1. There is a two-wire brake light switch under the dash on the brake pedal.

2. Remove the clip with the two wires, splice into ONE of them going into an ON/OFF two-pole switch and exiting back to the cut lead.

My switch is in a little plastic bracket thing right over my right foot. (Radio Shack). The wires run about 12" to the switch and back. I used butt connectors. No amps at all.

You NEED to have it on to start the car, and to get it out of Park. (Not sure of what it does for a standard gearbox).

Once it's in gear, flip it OFF, and then you can power brake for the burnout and for the line.

Your HAVE to remember to turn it back on. Safety issue, and you won't be able to restart or get it out of 'park'.

This was a Public Service announcement.

Coop