View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
just curious, for those on this thread that had to get theirs replaced...what were the symptoms you experienced that indicated it needed to be replaced? I have some symptoms that i think are related, but i want to know what you guys experienced to see if its the same.
Yeah, I was in stop-and-go traffic and eventually the clutch just stayed on the floor. If I pumped it a couple times it might come back for a minute, but then eventually it would just lose any pressure and just flop. I had to jam it into the floor mat and even then I usually couldn't get it to open up. Once it was in gear it was fine, but changing gears was an exercise in "not-********-yourself-on-a-congested-highway-and-praying-you-make-it-to-the-dealership-30-miles-away." It was exciting.

When I got to the dealership I opened up the hood and my fluid was black. The dealership (who was pretty good to me, Salisbury Nissan) bled the system and refilled it, asked me to go out in the lot and test it after the service manager said it felt perfect to him. I started the car and it immediately crapped-out again. So, they had to drop the tranny and replace the master & slave cylinders.