View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
AlphaSnacks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 XKR-S, '10 370Z
AlphaSnacks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
While the website looks professional your writing doesn't. There is way too much opinion which discredits your review.
I'm not entirely sure you're familiar with what a review is supposed to consist of.

It's 90% objective, 10% fact. The facts were mentioned, the rest of it is how I feel about those facts. Opinion is precisely what a review is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui Z View Post
Website looks professional. Way too much 370Z talk when the review is supposed to be about another car. The title should have read 370Z vs FR-S with the amount of 370Z material in it.
Yeah, I suppose there is a bit too much 370 talk in it. But it was meant to be more of a point of reference in some aspects. I would've felt the same way about the FR-S even if I didn't own a Z. Heck, back when Mazda revealed the RX8, I dislike the thing and I wasn't a Z owner at the time.

The FR-S actually reminds me quite a bit of the Mazda, from power to balance. Quite frankly when it came down to cars in that segment, I've always preferred the S2000 over anything, and I still do. Can't forget the Z4M, either.

But, I am very aware of what the aftermarket is contributing and I've come across some really superb E-85 tunes for these cars that make 40WHP with just a tune - it totally changes the character of the car. There is no conversion required, as the engine is capable of running on both standard gasoline and E85. Just a $300 tune, and you've got 40WHP. That's some of the most incredible bang for the buck, and it will be highlighted in a follow up piece to the review. I always try to shine the light on both sides of the field, so discovering this was an extremely pleasant surprise.

Last edited by AlphaSnacks; 12-18-2012 at 01:47 AM.
AlphaSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote