View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
ConchZ2
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z red 6sp sprt
ConchZ2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Here are plenty of links to support what I was saying.

capacitor help needed ... - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Capacitor Noob Help - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Capacitor of spare Battery to save Alternator - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Capacitor - how many Farad to I need? - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

Big 3 vs. Capacitor - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

How to wire a capacitor with 2 amps? - Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com

There are just a few threads on caps and how they are pointless if you want more from other websites, please just ask I can post over a 100 of them from many different sites including the12volt.com and others. Caps are useless.

Maybe I should have made it easier for you to understand………I NEVER even suggested using a capacitor! I do not recommend using one. My point in my post was that the load from the amp could be overloading the alternator!
Please re-read my post and reply!
“It depends on what your alternator is producing, this is a function of your speed and could be as low as 35 amps, but let's just say you are averaging 70 amps during normal city driving. If your amp is drawing 90 amps at max output, you are already consuming more than is being produced, and that’s not counting what the car might need, i.e. headlights, HVAC etc. The effects of this will be determined by how you use the system and how fast you are driving. When will you crank the system? For how long? How often do you do this? Is the car running when you blast the system? It all boils down to how fast you are driving and how frequently you put your battery into a state of discharge. Anytime you are using more amperage than is being produced by the alternator, you are in a state of discharge. The more charge/discharge cycles you put your battery through, and the severity of the discharge (how far down the battery is drained) can significantly shorten its life span and the life of your alternator”.