View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mandingo
Track Member

Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another ticking engine thread

Hey guys

After parking at work this morning I heard a ticking noise that was never there before. I just got home and its still making the same ticking. I am 100% positive this a new noise.

The ticking is coming from the driver's side only and it is loudest by the front driver's side wheel and under the car. This makes me think it is an exhaust leak at the HFC to header flange and not fuel injectors. However, when I rev, the noise seems to go away or is perhaps masked by the exhaust sound. Also, the oil level is 0.5cm below the H mark.

I want to get your input before I go through the trouble of taking the things off. I currently have on the Berk supplied graphite gaskets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usjdcTWgf7c