View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
RoshDawg
Track Member

Drives: '13 911 C2S
RoshDawg has a spectacular aura aboutRoshDawg has a spectacular aura about

It doesn't matter if you we're breaking the law or not. If the cops want to ticket you, you will be ticketed regardless of the truth. If you don't have a lawyer, the phrase "it's what you can prove in court" doesn't even hold true. You can provide all the evidence in the world, but they will still ticket you.

Depending on how much your insurance will go up, it may be worth it to get a lawyer to represent you. They are the only ones who speak the language of the courts. Appeal it, if they say you must present new evidence to repeal, just add some small minute detail and repeat all the evidence you showed last time on a HUGE CLEARLY WRITTEN POSTER BOARD (if you don't go the lawyer route). I'm serious, write it out as if the judge was a child, if its at all confusing they will not want to spend more than 5 seconds trying to understand it. It's not in their best interest to help you out so they won't want to take the time and hear your side. Remember they are there to fine you, not help you or sort out what actually happened.

I did not insult LEO's in this post. I firmly do not believe I am breaking any forum rules with this post, just trying to enlighten the OP on what's happening in this situation. Is everything I'm saying absolutely true? Probably not, but its the correct mindset you have to have to win this sort of thing.