View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

The article is borderline bashing. BUT, backed up with a lot of facts and I agree with like 80% of this article. I do believe the FR-S and Miata are true-sports cars in their appropriate realm. But, I do agree to the fact that they crossed the line when comparing it to a Z or Cayman, like this review below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhLXvxlQR4

The above was probably the most ridiculous comparison I had ever seen in terms of comparing two cars from the same arena to a car with a whole different mission. Besides, it only proved to me the reviewer in the video cant drive high hp cars.

As far as the WOT article. I love the little FRS, but to me its the car enthusiasts grocery getter, auto-x abuse ride or the novices first sports car. It's no Z. And the writer is right, the Z is far from perfect. But it takes a higher skill level to drive this car which what imho makes it a sports car.

When it comes to the FR-S, soft tires, low end brakes, semi soft suspension, no umph in lower gears and poor acceleration times have made me wonder why this car gets so much hype.

Other aspects make me say, hmmm, the Z can learn a thing or two from the FRS such as... Lightweight & low center of gravity creating a more balanced platform than the Z? But is more balance the ONLY thing that makes a car a sports car? The Z, while not as balanced & nimble as an FRS, is still a balanced and nimble sports car, more than many.

The feedback part of the writers post I found interesting and where i think bias may have truly reared it's ugly head to an extreme???. While he says this car has little to no feedback. Most reviewers are drooling over the cars, feedback. I would like for the writer to elaborate on that. That is an area that I can see him/her having a huge debate with a fanboy.

Good write up but the writer might want to show less disdain for the FR-S so he/she doesn't lose credibility as a writer/reviewer
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote