View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

It's kinda silly to imply that people don't know how to correctly put the gas cap on.

If you own a new Z, you're like 99.99% likely to have owned another car. Have you had repeated emissions codes in your other cars?

I've never seen or heard of an evaporative leak code on any car until I got my 370.

It's happened 3 times to me so far. Dealer has no answer what to do. It's not like I'm not turning the cap until it clicks because I'm entertained by taking my car to the dealer every month.

Either a part is defective or the sensor readings are set at too low of a threshold.

Regardless of what it is, this is going to result in hundreds of thousand of dollars in damages. As people's car come off of warranty they are not going to be willing to spend $70 a shot to have the shop diagnose the problem, then will drive their car around with the CEL on when something is really wrong, thinking it is an evaporative emissions code, then seriously damage their engine.
Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote