Thread: head lights?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryy370z View Post
i have them on auto once in a while they stay on during the day but sometimes they dont turn on during the day how are they program?
There is a ambient light sensor on top of the dash near the windshield that the car uses to turn the lights on/off. IIRC, it is located almost directly in front of the driver on the defroster vent (check the Owner's Manual or FSMs) in front of the passenger on the defroster vent (EXL-163).
I don't know if there is any way to re-program the light level.The light level trigger can be adjusted (EXL-27), but I can't tell if it's user-adjustable or has to be done by the dealer using CONSULT.

If you want the lights to come on sooner, you can partially block the sensor with some dark/opaque tape. IIRC, the HVAC system uses the same sensor to auto-adjust for insolation, so covering it up may not be a good idea.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 12-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote