View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Japanjay
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z MB M6
Japanjay is on a distinguished road

Oh and be sure to honestly let your coworkers, family, and significant other that you are trying to quit and that you hope they understand for the next month or 2 you may be a little off your game. You may not even realize how you are coming off to people when you are into it several weeks and your friends and family think you are being a random douche, but if they are already aware ahead of it they will be totally understanding and supportive of the situation. Also applogizes go a long way after being a douche too, even if they are expecting it.

Something I learned during it and I am sure you have heard it sometime or another regarding the need to having something between your finger and no pun intended but something in your mouth, but I use to take a few bags of random veggies to snack on (helps drastically since most will resort to snacking alot and put on 20-30 pounds but veggies are pretty much zero cals and healthy), and also tried to find flavored tooth picks. I found some that were really minty and also some cinnamon ones. For almost 6 months you would never see me without a toothpic hanging out the corner of my mouth. Worked great.

Once I hit the beginning of the second month I got really withdrawn to a degree from socializing (even with my GF and even she commented on it many months later), but after a few weeks I got back into going out and being around the social scene where smoking is prevalent and wasnt bothered and even talking more.

Its tough but only way is to say f-it and man up. I kept telling myself that if someone else can do it I damn sure can too.

Good luck brah

Last edited by Japanjay; 12-15-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Japanjay is offline   Reply With Quote