View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

From a metallurgy standpoint, stud replacement should be less safe. Since the studs are longer, it gives more way for the studs to bend and flex. That's just from my standpoint...

Also, once you remove your original studs, you can never put replacements in as firmly

I have bolt on ichibas, 20mm front and back, I have driven over 120mph hundreds of times and I have made plenty of high speed maneuvers with no ill effects... I think the installation and torque specs of whatever spacers you install make the difference in safety

Last edited by DEpointfive0; 12-16-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Damn spell check
DEpointfive0 is offline   Reply With Quote