View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Thanks guys. I'm really trying to find relevant stuff to post for the community as well as build some excitement. When the last guy pulled out of the twin SC project, I was deflated that it didn't culminate to anything. So I started looking all over to see what was my best options were. I literally had trouble finding a way forward. What makes it worse is being out here, I have hours to ponder about what to do. I planned so far out ahead, that it came as a shock that I can do this now. Not only that, but be the first to explore new ground, build some hype around this project, get feedback, really give something back to the community. I learned a lot just reading everyone's experiences. I try to post all my experiments and findings, anything to give back.

There aren't very many members that run LTH's or shorties for that matter. Any info on their performance is worth a lot to a few.

People running LTH's and a HFC/ HFC's I can count on two fingers. Myself and Mike Bonani. But at least there is information on how it performs, and that it's even an option.

There are only a handful of guys running full breather mods and an M370 manifold. What we post gives insight to other members what to expect. There are only a couple tuned results on this as well.

We now know what a franken-exhaust sounds like that was pieced together by three different companies. It tames the rasp from the PPE's! And sounds like a liter bike ROFL

EDIT: Removed some stuff, editing with questions.

Tanabe Z40 coilovers. I want to tighten up the stock setup, but I don't want to compromise the ride that most coilovers end up doing. These still use twin tube shocks and have a couple inches of height adjustment without affecting stroke or preload. They are not as aggressive as monotubes, but I think these will give me the improvement and adjustability I'm looking for. Stiffer, but not punishing. Any thoughts/inputs?
I suspect you will see better results than most SC builds just from PPEs. I'm sure that's why I get 450 WHP and 350 ft lbs torque from my $5800 Stillen SC kit.