View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
grant
Base Member

Drives: AMG C43
grant will become famous soon enough
Default SPL Pro End Links

Well I finally got my SPL end links installed today. It was a very simple task, only took about 2 hours by myself. The instructions that come with them are for a 350Z, and not the 370Z. I called and spoke with Sean at SPL about the torque called out in the included instructions. The values were significantly lower than what is called out in the Service Manual I have for my 2012. He checked and told me that the higher torques were alright, and the new end links would handle them, so I torqued them to the values called out in the Service Manual. The only problem I had was getting the front long bolt to slide into the upper location, as the shock was not cooperating. After a little finesse, it finally slid in, and was torqued. The lower end was not installed until I did the other side upper as it was not fun trying to get the OEM end link out with the lower end still connected. Pull the lower end out first, then the upper. Install in the reverse. After the uppers are torqued, you can install the lower ends very easily, and adjust as you feel necessary. Pictures are still in the camera, I'll get them up later.
grant is offline   Reply With Quote