Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #154 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
A turbo 4 in a Z just sounds like a bad idea. No one wants it. People who don't own a current or previous Z won't want it, and guys in Mustangs and Camaro's won't trade for it. The fight for efficiency ends when Marketing tells the the boss, no one will buy it, the Boss will tell the engineers to do what Marketing says. Stick with the 6. Last time I checked, people driving fast cars don't need revolutionary fuel economy, just enough to get past regs.
Not sure if no one wants a turbo 4 z, but I know I wouldn't want one. Got an 11 GTI turbo 4. I know it's only 200hp (so don't flame me), but has 207 tq @1,700 revs and is only 3,100 lbs, plus well under $30k OTD. Many mags rate this as the best car in it's class with linear power. While it's a very nice car and fun to drive, I wouldn't buy another.

Here's why, the mags say linear power, however it's a turbo & there is definitely lag (how can that be linear? sorry head snappin enthusiasts). Not good for city or in stop & go traffic. Our NA 6's is linear from beginning to RL. Next, the GTI also has DI, which does not have all the bugs worked out yet. While I have not gone internally in the engine to check out the carbon build up, my exhaust tips have gone from stainless to a jet black, you can't even scape it off. I'll be looking to trade that out within a few years & get a 4 door truck like a Frontier or Tacoma. Definitely keeping the Z for a long time.

Guess what I'm trying to say is, the grass isn't always greener on the other side, so enjoy our dependable, funky manual trans, heavy and fat assed NA V6. It's really a great car
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote