Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #140 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chteelers View Post
Have you driven the new Coyote GT? Without argument it's faster in a straight line, and I'd wager it is equivalent, if not faster, around a course like VIR.

But all of that means nothing once you drive a Z back to back with a GT. They feel completely different. The GT drives like a musclecar - big engine, softer chassis, high seating position, big and burly. The Z drives like a go-kart - tight, precise, steering feedback. The difference is the feel, not just the numbers, and its specific to each car. Res ipsa loquitur.
I've ridden in my friend's and he was coming from a 370Z. He said handling was comparable, which it seemed to be. I did test drive one, but I scared the salesman pulling out of the driveway so that only lasted like 2 mins. It definitely does feel different because of the size, but I think it can still handle the turns nearly as well. It is faster around a road course and is comparable to an E92 M3 in that case. It won't feel the same, but it will best the lap times of the Z.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote