View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=FLYZ;2058344]This is a follow on from a thread I posted in another area. I think it is an interesting topic:

Assume we are talking independent of costs, what do you think are the best audio upgrades to make to your 370? What are the finest components, systems, speakers, etc.

Well, look at the manufacture specs of what you want in a audio upgrade first. Rather than indicating what I think is the best, theire a few things to consider such as:

1) Only audio or video and/or navigation/blue-tooth/phone compatiblity/etc? Screen size is limited in the stock center council to approx. 7". Look at HU features you want.
2) Number/location of speakers. The amout of speaker 2-way/3-way componet speakers for the tweeters/mid-bass speakers will have a effect on the number of amps, whether a multi-channel amp or single amp for the sub is chosen. Bear in mind that the 370Z interior volume is small...no need for rear speakers,except for sub(s) IMHO.
3) Speaker placement. The stock location in the doors/dash is ok. The door speakers are 6.5" dia. Some on this web site have gone with 3-way componet speakers that will require locating the mid-range speaker or tweeter in another location from the stock dash or door locations.
4) Signal processor. I would suggest getting a signal processor that can optiminize the sound you hear in the drivers/passenger seats. This is generally known as an "active" set-up.
5) Speaker enclosures. I suggest sizing the enclosure for a sub(s) interior volume per the manufacture specs. Placement of the sub is not as critical as the tweeters/mid-range speakers.
6) Other items. If I would do it over again, I would get a amp that has digital connections from the HU to the amp and signal processor. Several high end brands manufacture (Audison-Thesis line and others).
7) Wiring. 4-gauge power line is the minimum I would suggest. If you have serveral amps, a 0-gauge power line will likely be necessary.

Good luck in your search!
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote