View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #108 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

I just installed these. I got them from a forum member who didn't install them.

There is definitely some bulging on the driver side - the passenger side was perfect first time. Originally, I had the bolt in the driver fender well on top of the plastic. I cut away at the plastic and reset it beneath the plastic - I also cut away at some vertical plastic adjacent to the nearby foam so the strut could sit lower (can provide pics upon request). The bulging is much less than it was, but it is still barely noticeable. I looked into the hood alignment options, but none of them seem to help. I decided it's acceptable for my purposes - I can see how other people might disagree.

I also either didn't get two or lost one of the locking pins. It was probably me who lost it, but it doesn't matter either way since I just fashioned another one that works fine. I will probably contact Z1 and if they can send me another one.

Lastly, they squeak hardcore and sound horrible when opening fully. Can I use some WD-40 or something on these?

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote