View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 AM   #1249 (permalink)
antennahead
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster89 View Post
How can you call Stevie not shredding? Stevie is the epitome of skill with the instrument! I'm a blues man myself. I had the privilege of having a really good teacher in my teenage years...because my neighbor's mom was a groupie who got lucky.

Gibson? or Fender?
I love SRV, but to me the term shredding, at least around these parts, referred more to a metal style of guitar, or the type of solos Van Halen played........... wasn't dissing Stevie, he's one of my alltime favs. Played a Les Paul until the late 80's, then switched to a Strat ................. now I can't play a Gibson because the necks are so different and I'm used to the Fender .................. prefer a maple neck. I'm playing a Tele now, hotrodded with better pick-ups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg esquire.jpg (133.3 KB, 12 views)