View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duderevs View Post
... I'm from Southern ontario, where can i get Nitrogen from? ... It would seem that the only place you can get it is the dealer. Does that make sense, to have a tire that can only be filled up at a place thats only open 9-5? ... What happens if i just add air?
Most tire shops around here (S Arkansas) carry N2.

Doesn't make sense to me, but you may be in a more remote area than I am.

Not much. There are some minor advantages to N2 (see posts above - IMNSHO the biggest one is TPMS sensor corrosion and that shouldn't be anything major), but just adding some air to your N2-inflated tire will not do any damage (assuming it is reasonably clean and doesn't contain too much oil or other contaminates). Only 20-something% of what you're adding is not N2 and you're only adding a small amount, so you're not diluting it by much.
There will more than likely be some water entrained in the air (how much depends on the compressor setup, humidity, &c), but it should be minimal and the N2 that is already in the tire will absorb some of it.
Unless you are obsessive about having 100% N2 in your tires, all you need to do is have the tire(s) bled down and refilled with N2 at your convenience. If this is the only time you've added air, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Edit: Neither Goodyear nor Hankook even mention N2, much less recommend it. YMMV

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 12-11-2012 at 08:03 PM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote