View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questioned about emissions test

Hey guys, need some clarification on WA state emissions testing. I've been in Texas now going on 2 years so I've been able to get "out of state" exemption for emission testing for my Z. I'll be coming home this March and I'll finally have to take the Z in to get it tested.

I'm getting ready to get my Z tuned at Uprev out here in Austin TX. I'll be running test pipes and the tuner says he can go ahead and completely turn off the loop to the O2 senors so I'll never get a CEL. That may be all fine and well for Texas, but I told him that my Z is registered in WA. Will I be able to pass emissions since they hook up to the OBll port? He doesn't seem completely sure as Texas has different testing standards.

If the 02 senors are basically turned off... even without a CEL won't it still show on their scanner that the catalytic converter are N/A, not ready or something like that? I thought the sensors have to be in a ready status or something to pass?

Would it be best just to tell the tuner to not turn off the sensors, and just run extenders instead to prevent or try to prevent any CEL?
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 12-11-2012 at 06:23 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote