View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
lemon-fresh
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z
lemon-fresh is a jewel in the roughlemon-fresh is a jewel in the roughlemon-fresh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
I would never get a 911 Turbo (forgetting about the huge price increase). I enjoy NA cars, now perhaps if you interchanged 911 Turbo with 911 GT3, which I would prefer over my C2S (whenever it does come out), I would still not be asking myself 'what if'. I buy what I can comfortably afford, and in the lower 100K price range, the 911 is the car best suited for me. Until you have driven one, you can't compare it to other more powerful cars like the Viper. Its the same principle as the Z. Even though the Z is less powerful than a similarly priced Mustang 5.0, a lot of us here like the 'feel' of a Z more than a Mustang. Oh and the Cayman S does not have the same feel as the 911. No matter what the review people tell you, you know the engine is in the back and you drive accordingly.

The only time I would say 'What if' is if I saw a GTR (not the Viper), and that does not mean I would ever trade my 911 for a GTR.
Cool, interesting perspective. What about lotus?