View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
gymtime
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
gymtime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoshDawg View Post
Lotus, viper, GTR, the z and the 911 are all such different cars, but the 911 is closest to the z out of that lot. I was trying to decide between the GTR And the 911, and went with the 911 because of
1. The looks (very subjective)
2. Porsche brand and the engineering behind it
3. The refinement and lack of NVH, the supple ride that can change completely to a track car in a jiffy, and the feel of the interior.

I don't think the AWD component takes away from the GTR being a drivers car, I think it adds to it with the excitement you get with how it goes around corners, and remember you can turn those system aids off.
Here really is no substitute to the 911, perhaps the Maclaren (my dream car), but the price on one of those is a hard pill to swallow.
Oh and exit speed in a corner is outrageous in the 911, honestly I'm in shock with how much grip it has.

A car being able to transform from comfort to performance is a very underrated feature. And sitting in the 911, you feel like you're in a 100K sports car. That's a good thing. And the ergonomics of the car is superb. It really gives you the feeling of a cockpit, with great visibility too.

Gymtime, if you are indeed buying a 911, I know a little too much about the Porsche Configorator, so if you want someone to review your build I'd be more than happy to.
Sent you a PM