View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #83 (permalink)
kdo2milger
OG Priesthood

Drives: NISMO T
kdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond reputekdo2milger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Just started using the STINT 3 weeks ago. Upto today I have done nothing but short mileage runs with the 370Z with no SES......Did a long trip of 160 miles and the SES (Service Engine Soon) light with an error code of:

P0456 [EVAP] Very small evaporation leak in fuel system - less than .02-inches. Check fuel cap.

This is what my diagnostic reader picked up, I just cleared the code using the diagnostics device. So I do believe that using the STINT MAY cause an SES under long continuous driving trip conditions.

The literature seems to support this as well as there are reports of people that use a STINT device in other vehicle models and have gotten the same occassional SES error as identified above.
interesting, thanks for the update...i myself havent been on any long trips, just to and from work...

i wonder if a trip to Austin will trigger a CEL...