Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
i wasnt tryin to get into a full out spec sheet on weights just speculation on whats to come. i see what youre sayin though but 30k? cmon who buys base models jk and busting balls.

with any car that progresses it will most likely have a slight jump in price but i dont think it'll go anywhere near ridiculous porsche prices. and to be honest i'd take a Z over a cayman any day. maybe not the 13 cayman because i think they finally got the body looking good but for price and performance i'd stick with a Z. HP is about the same so is 0-60 and 1/4 times to a cayman.

Nissan 370Z Coupe: 4.6 seconds 0-60 / 1/4 mile (coupe): 13.1 seconds at 108 mph

the porsche is 4.7 seconds 0-60 in the Cayman R with 13.1-13.3 depending on source 1/4 mile for way too much money. you're paying for the badge and name not the (lack) in performance.

I know what you mean, I mean 30k range, should have sid that. I think we'll see a drop in the base price of the next gen Z by $1000 from the 2014 model. Nissan always does that at the start of a new generation with the Z. But the upper prices are going to be higher than whats out i'm sure.

I'm not saying a lighter car will cost porsche prices. I'm saying that the v6 wont be able to make a 3000 lb car and thats the goal. To keep the V6 it would be too costly. Corvette is a 3100lb v8, look at its pricing. with a discount it starts @ 44k, without 50k. Nissan doesn't discount Z pricing and they will not be giving us corvette,cayman chassis designs for half off. lol Thats all I'm saying. Maybe hyundai can though? They're the kings of discount performance.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote