Thread: The next gen Z!
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I dont think so. i mean with some steel parts swapped for aluminum you could save some but then beings in safety issues. stock 370 weighs 3232lbs. 232 pounds could prorbably be shaved without costing ridiculous Porsche "over"-prices.
With a V6 and safety equipment???? for 30k? I don't see it. The cost of alloys that are sports car worthy are high. As it stands right now we have a shytload of aluminum and carbon fiber. Remember, our cars are 92lbs lighter without the airbag system. Our seats, radio and motor are lightweight along with our radiator housing, driveshaft, and wheels. the only thing we can do is go all aluminum on the body which may shave another 80 lbs, make the airbags lighter, maybe 20 lbs? and make the engine smaller. 100 lbs. Thin out the interior and put an even lighter weight sound system. maybe 40 lbs? Go smaller wheels next time. 17 and 18 another 24 lbs?
Possible but how much will the car be with more of the expensive alloys and carbon fiber we already have without reducing engine size?

smaller chassis and engine, we can use more alloys while still using minumum alloys in cost.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 12-11-2012 at 02:44 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote