View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #1998 (permalink)
INTENSEPOWER
Not a Sponsor

Drives: 1000+hp Widebody G
INTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond reputeINTENSEPOWER has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to INTENSEPOWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by invazn View Post
Haha ok, well this is a bit ironic. I donate plasma. It is pretty much the same process as donating blood, but there is a machine that separates the plasma from the red blood cells and returns the RBCs to your body. Well during the return cycle, my blood clotted a bit around the needle and they had to remove the needle and finish the return in my other arm with a new needle. It seems there is a very large bruise around the punctured area of the arm it clotted in. I'm not worried about the bruise, but there is also a tiny lump in my vein that feels like scar tissue, though I'm not sure what it is. Is it possible for that lump to be a remaining piece of clotted blood? What if it makes its way up to my heart? What if I die due to donating plasma which saves lives?
Uhhh I'd be on my way to the ER right now to have this checked out. Not to scare you, but yeah, that's nothing to f around with. Sounds like you have a hemotoma at the puncture sight, which, in itself isn't very dangerous, like you said. However, the lump should be checked out immediately.

Darren