View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Coming back from my slot car event Saturday I called the little lady to let her know it took 45 minutes to drive in traffic to get to the event and hoped it would be a shorter drive now that it was 9PM and little traffic.

I used cruise control on the freeway to not speed in the dark. coming off the freeway onto US HWY 1 I became less concerned about cops coming up behind unexpectedly. I had done very well in my races earlier in the evening and I was still a bit aggressive. I saw a car up ahead that I planned on passing, but he slowed, stopped and let an SUV from a side street onto the road. I was perturbed. Why on earth would somebody stop to let in a car in when the road is empty? Well it was my least favorite car, a prius, so anything goes. the SUV did take off to his credit but the prius did not, making it even easier to pass. I caught the SUV before the next turn flashed my lights and he just kept going.

I have always wanted to pass a car in this certain spot. AS it is too dangerous to do in the daylight, but at night you can see the headlights coming. I followed the fellow through the 180 degree hair pin turn and as we got to the end of it, I went into the other lane passed the SUV while he flashed his lights, but I was past and never saw him again. Another three uninterrupted miles of twisting turns, I finally encountered another car that became my third and final pass in a five mile drive. i rarely pass here but, I had passed another car here thirty plus years ago the day I bought my 280Z.

I was so pumped up after my twenty minute drive home, I could not sleep till midnight. I surprised my gal by getting home so soon.

The above is why I own a Z car.
LOL! I think when I first arrived on this forum there were some posts about a prius and swans "wrestling" "mating" or some such verbiage....along with a Prius driver blocking the park drive to ogle the swans...I was cracking up. Thanks again for the entertaining prose....related to spirited Z motoring looking forward to the next write up!