View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #450 (permalink)
memmott
Base Member

Drives: 09 Altima
memmott is on a distinguished road
Default KUDOS from family member

I know you guys are going to kill me for posting here but the team BAER/DAI have literally saved me from untold misery.

I have had a key light off/on for the last 3 weeks, beating the h### out of my key lock to get it to release. That worked - so far. But time was definitely running out. I started searching for a solution and finally found this thread.

I ran out this morning and after activating ACC removed the fuse you referenced and bingo! Problem solved!

But this is why your going to kick me out of here - it's an '09 Altima. apparently Altimas have exactly the same steering locks and fuse blocks. This part of the wiring (the steering lock part) is exactly the same. With your
permission I would like to spread the word in the Altima forum so they can stop shelling out $850 a pop for these ridiculous devices. (could be that the info is already there but I haven't seen it in that forum yet)

I have to say you guys are incredibly professional and methodical - working out problems in a very team-oriented fashion. Mega REPS to all of you, but especially BAER, DAI and lets not forget FRITZ who really got the ball rolling.

I promise I won't contaminate the forum with any more Altima references!!!
memmott is offline   Reply With Quote